Thinking of getting a puppy?
Then let us help and guide you to the right companion for you
HOW CAN YOU HELP ME?
We can use our expertise to guide you right through the process of choosing the best breed or type of dog for you, selecting a responsible breeder and finally picking your new bundle of joy from the litter.
WHAT IF I WANT A RESCUE DOG OR PUPPY?
No problem, whether from a breeder or rescue centre we can help you find your perfect match.
WHAT IF I WANT A DOG TO SHOW?
No problem. As experienced breeders we are familiar with the requirements of a show dog...who can also make the perfect pet!
WHAT IF I WANT A DOG TO TRAIN AS AN ASSISTANCE OR THERAPY DOG?
Again, no problem. We have worked with Guide Dogs and Dog Aid and have a sound knowledge of the requirements for an assistance dog. Please note we can not guarantee that the pup will accepted on any assistance dog programmes. We have also worked with Pets as Therapy with our own registered PAT dogs.
WHAT IF I ONLY WANT A PET DOG ?
DY5 K9 Puppy Academy specialises in working with pet dogs and puppies (after all, the vast majority of dogs in the UK are primarily pets). We know what people want from their pet dogs and what these dogs need from their owners. Our service is intended to support this unique bond between people and their pet dogs so if, like most people, you’re looking for a pet dog/ puppy (pedigree or not), then yes...... we can help!
WHAT DO I GET FOR MY MONEY?
There are 2 options.
• Email questionnaire assessment in which we find out everything we need to know about you and what you want (takes approx. 45 minutes to complete)
• Use of our expertise, prior knowledge, experience and research to match what we know about you with what we know about dogs
• Puppy Recommendation Report written especially for you, in which we set out your best 3 matches in detail (explaining why each would be a good match for you, based on the information you have given) and highlight other options for you to consider if you’re still not sure
• Research of appropriate, responsible breeders of your chosen breed with regard to the following factors:
-mate select report of parents (inbreeding coefficient, temperament, health, age, number of litters etc.) if KC registered
- appropriate health screening of parents (dependent on breed)
- early environmental influences (positive socialisation experiences, appropriate exposure to stimuli and situations - such as being left alone)
- living environment of the puppies and their mother
- nutrition of the puppies (and their mother)
- puppy vaccination and flea/ worming schedule
- the breeder’s experience and offering to you as a potential puppy owner
• Consideration of your preferred timescales for obtaining your puppy
• Telephone or email feedback to you to share the findings of the breeder research to help you select the right breeder for you
ALL THE ABOVE PLUS
• Support on the big day - making a visit with you to select a puppy
- Basic visual check of the health of the puppies and mother
- Observation of and interaction with dam (mother) - basic temperament check
- Basic visual check of the puppies’ living environment (and discussion with breeder)
- Discussion with the breeder about the litter - the temperaments and personalities of each puppy -
- Observation of the puppies to determine any significant character traits (dependent on age)
- Guiding you in your choice based on the above but also taking into account your preferences and ‘gut feelings’
WHAT DOES ALL THIS COST?
Option 1 is £150
Option 2 is £250
HOW DO I BOOK?
Make payment via Paypal and then complete the contact form below. Please put Paypal reference in the box on the form and any other information you would like us to have in the Message Box. We will contact you via email with your initial consultation form in PDF format within 48 hours. Complete this form and return it to us by post within 2 weeks of receipt so we can get our research started for you asap.